Since opening its doors in 1986, The Care Center has worked with thousands of teen mothers and their families as they continue their education and move toward greater self-awareness and economic stability.
In the 2013/14 school year:
- 20 of our 60 current Care Center High School Equivalency students are either currently enrolled in a class for college credit, or already have credits.
- 21 students graduated in June, having earned their high school equivalency certificates during the course of the year.
- All 2014 grads have plans to go on to college.
- More than 190 Care Center alumnae were supported by our Transition staff,
- 105 Care Center graduates matriculated in college,
- 16 women received 6 credits from Bard College in The Care Center’s Clemente Course in the Humanities